Post Three: Chicken & Veg Broth

I'm sat here nomming my lunch of chicken and vegetable broth that I made Tuesday night and I thought I would share the recipe with you. Be warned: I took a vegetable soup recipe and made up a lot of it myself, so always make sure everything is fully cooked before eating it - even if you've already cooked it for the times mentioned.

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
2 potatoes - peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 onion - diced (can add more to taste)
3 mushrooms - thinly sliced
2 carrots - sliced
1 parsnip - sliced
Approx 1 litre chicken stock
Seasoning - I used this spice mix but choose herbs and spices to match your own tastes.

Serves: 3-4 people.

Method:


1. Put all the ingredients into a big saucepan and add the chicken stock.

2. Bring to the boil, stirring regularly.

3. Once boiling, continue stirring for 3-5 minutes at that temp.

4. Lower to a simmer and leave for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables have softened. This will be indicated by the potato slices breaking up.

5. Serve with brown wholemeal rolls for the ultimate healthy meal!


My lunch, doesn't look half as nice as it tastes!


If you try this recipe please tell me what you think in a comment below!

1 comments:

Annie said...

Hey chick, I've tagged you over here http://annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com/2012/03/eleven.html
Annie xx

Post a Comment

Back to Top