0

Post Five: Upcycling

I found a fab website today dedicated to Upcycling and thought I'd write a blog about it.

Upcycling is the art of taking old or used items and giving them a makeover. Either revamping them to good as new to carry on in their original purpose, or making them into something completely different. Anything from reupholstering a chair to using an old shutter door to make a table!

The website I found is www.weupcycle.com and has hundreds of upcycled items that members have shared. It has some great ideas on uses for common household things like tin cans and empty shampoo bottles. You can either copy their ideas, or use them as inspiration to make your own creations.

I love the concept of taking old things and making them into a whole new item - it gives you the feeling of getting something new without the pricetag that goes with it. I've only done this with one item so far, which I'll post a picture of once I get home, but having spent some time on this website my head is full of ideas for other things I can do!

Have you had a go at anything like this? How did it go? What are your upcycling ideas/tips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top