0

Post Seventeen: Banana Muffins, yum!

What a wonderful Wednesday! Today I thought I'd share with you a recipe I found for Banana Muffins, which I made last night and can personally advertise as the best banana muffins I've ever eaten! (Note: I haven't eaten banana muffins before, but these are nom I promise..)
I bought some bananas last week and they were coming to the end of their life, so rather than throw them in the bin I decided to get creative!

You might need to jiggle the cooking temperature/times around a little, as I found the sugar content made the tops brown a little too quickly for my liking. The middle was definitely cooked, but perhaps a little squidgy.

Ingredients
 3 very ripe bananas
 125ml vegetable oil
 2 eggs
 250g plain flour
 100g caster sugar
 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
 1 tsp baking powder
 150g white chocolate chips



This recipe will make 12 decent sized muffins.
I only had 100g of the chocolate chips, so I improvised with 20g of mini-marshmallows. To be honest, you can't taste the marshmallows so you're probably better off sticking with more chocolate. I can't hear you complaining... ;)

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 200 (This could be where I went wrong - I assumed that meant fan assisted ovens and it probably doesn't. So next time I'm going to try 180ÂșC instead.)

2. Mash the bananas in a bowl - not the one you're going to be mixing everything in.


3. Mix the eggs and oil together in the bowl you'll be mixing in.


4. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add them to your mixing bowl.



5. Add the mashed banana and chocolate chips (plus marshmallows if you go with that).




6. Divide into muffin cases and place on the baking tray.

7. Cook for 20 minutes, checking frequently in case they're finished sooner! (Mine only took about 16 minutes.)



And there you go! Banana muffins. :) Like I said mine came out a little brown, but they are delicious and don't taste at all burnt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top