Post Four: Questions from Annie

My lovely friend Annie tagged me in this post to answer the following questions, so here goes...

1. What is it that makes you love your hometown?
I'm originally from Bath and lived there until I was about 13/14 and I must say I love a lot of things about it. The architecture is always worth a mention, as most of the buildings are beautiful. I would love to live in a house made of Bath Stone! I also love all the tourist attractions, which I think get overlooked and taken for granted when you live there. And I love it's mix of modern and vintage, from all your normal high street stores to quirky little shops selling god knows what all mixed in together in the centre. :)

2. What is your monday morning routine?
My routine tends to be the same most mornings. If I need a shower, I get up when the alarm goes off at 7.35, if not then I hit snooze until 8. Then it's out of bed, do the necessary bathroom things then the struggle of working out what to wear to work. I technically have a uniform, but when it's in the wash I have the luxury of making it up as I go. Once I'm dressed it's downstairs to grab some form of lunch for work and out the door. I'm not one for getting up early then taking my time - I'd much rather the extra sleep!

3. What is your biggest fear?
I think my biggest fear is unstable structures, which is kindof hard to explain. I could go up a skyscraper, because it is built solidly. But I could not go up an old wooden staircase even 2 flights, if it looked unsafe to me. Even though it would probably last another 50 years without becoming unsafe! I could walk across a metal bridge easily, but if it was a fallen tree bridging the gap you would have no chance of me crossing. I hope that makes sense.

4. Where is your favourite place to spend time?
There's a little field in Bath across from where I grew up affectionately called 'The Rec' and it has access to a lovely walk over the fields and skyline of Landsdown if you feel inclined. There's a small park too for children. I absolutely love sitting on a bench hidden up in the tree-line and pondering life, or going for a short walk up through the fields to a point that I can see my nans house. I like to ring her and wave - she can see a blob on the horizon so she knows it's me. :)

 5. Who is your biggest role model?
I know it sounds cheesy, but it really is my mum. My childhood was tough on her, for reasons I'll probably never fully understand, but she had the courage to leave my dad and make a better life for herself and consequently me and my sister despite the difficulties that posed to us. As a young child I had everything I wanted materially and as a teenager things were tough and we always struggled to get what we needed. But my teenage years were by far the happiest memories I have of growing up and that's all down to my mum's amazing outlook on life and her constant struggle to make sure we got everything we deserved. If I can become even half the woman she is, I will be happy.

6. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Does moisturiser count as a beauty product? If so, that's my pick as I get dry skin a lot. My favourite is Soap & Glory's Glow Body Lotion from Boots, which I was given as a present one year. If that gets away without being a beauty product, then it's definitely eyeliner. If I don't have time for full make-up, eyeliner is my absolute necessity!

7. Why did you first start writing your blog?
I've been trying out all kinds of eco-tips, recipes, DIY ideas and generally researching how to make my lifestyle greener and better for the planet. I've found some of these ideas so easy to follow and they've not had the slightest impact on my lifestlye (in a negative fashion at least) that I thought I'd share my experiences with others to show just how easy it can be.

8. Cats or dogs?
I grew up with a dog called Casper, who I adored and although he was a family pet I really saw him as mine. He'd always choose me to cuddle up to and listen to my commands on walks, despite my parents trying their best! I swore I'd always be a Dog Lover and never wanted a cat - they seemed so distant and nowhere near cuddly enough for me! But after far too many hamsters dying my mum decided a more long-term pet would be a good idea, and into my life came Mieko. The cutest kitten I've ever seen, with her own personality and a love for me that even Casper couldn't match. I've had her about 5-6 years now and I think I'm a convert. I love dogs, don't get me wrong. You can train them, they're loyal (where cats are not) and always good as a hot water bottle in the winter! But I wouldn't trade Mieko for the world.

9. What do you love the most about your best friend?
I have a few, but I love them all for almost the exact same reasons! They're all there for me, no matter what. They're each completely unique and all have a quality in them that I admire and adore.
Kerri is such a strong personality. She always demands exactly what she deserves and no less. And she's such a straightforward person - she doesn't mix her words and I love that about her.
Rachel is always immaculately dressed and looks stunning. She's one of those annoying people who looks good even on her bad days! And she's a very driven person - she knows what she wants and works towards it with determination.
Chezza is immensely fun to be around and really good to talk to. If you can't sleep at 4 in the morning and need a chat, she's always there. She's loyal and will defend you no matter what.
Kassi is my best friend and my sister, which makes her a little bit special (read into that what you will!). She reads my mind, takes care of me despite being the younger sibling and has a great eye for style. It's not your typical fashion sense - she knows how to mix and match quirky finds, combine it with unconventional jewellery, stunning make up and just the right amount of attitude to make it work. I love that about her.

10. Have you ever been given an inspiring piece of advice to live by?
I have just a few philosophies I live my life by and I have a number of amazing family members and friends to thank for them. They are;
* Be yourself and screw those who don't like it.
* Demand everything you deserve in life and more, certainly nothing less.
* Live every day expecting it to be brilliant and as if your luck is never going to run out.
I love the lyrics from the song Give Me Everything that say "Reach for the stars, 'cause if you don't grab them at least you'll be on top of the world." I think that sums up the attitude I try (try being emphasised) to live by.

11. Which season is your favourite?
I like the two extremes: Summer and Winter. Although I do have a slight leaning preference to Summer if I really thought about it. I love Winter because you can snuggle up warm in your duvet to watch tv in the evenings, with a mug of hot chocolate. Even better if it's snowing/snowed and everything is hushed almost like the whole world is holding it's breath.
As for Summer, I love the short shorts, the ridiculoudly oversized sunglasses and the carefree attitude everyone seems to adopt for the few shorts months that we get the sunshine. It's the only season you can lie in the park for a day and not feel guilty for not doing more, and I just love that!

So there's a little more insight into me and my life. I hope I didn't bored you with my ramblings!

1 comments:

Nicky Marshall said...

With a tear in my eye I write this...great blog Honey and I'm glad you are in my world xxx

Post a Comment

Back to Top