Post One: Introductions.

Me! Taken at the Colliseum in Rome.
Hello!

My name's Ami and I run a coffee shop owned by my family in Whitchurch, Bristol. I've recently turned 21 and moved in with my partner Tom and like any young couple starting out; money isn't exactly abundant (yet!). So I've decided to turn my hand to crafts and see if I can make a lot of the things we need rather than going out and buying new. I've always loved handmade items and look on with envy when friends have shown me things they've made, so now it's my turn to try some of it out!
This fits in perfectly with my new interest in everything Green. From finding more energy efficient ways to warm the house (I think my internal thermostat is constantly set to 'Arctic'!) to uses for old coffee grounds from the coffee shop, I love it all. Some of the steps you can take to be kinder to the planet are so easy I think it's a crime that everyone doesn't follow them!
And finally I'm always on the hunt for a bargain or a way to do what I already do, for less. I believe everyone should get fair value for their efforts (I'm a HUGE fan of FairTrade and all their work) but at the same time I don't see the point in wasting money that will just go into some rich persons pocket either. Providing the cheapest product is from a brand that is fair to their employees, its the product I'm going to buy.

As a result I've decided to create this blog as a sort of how-to on becoming an Eco-Goddess (hence the name!) and to track my progress. I can't promise I'll get it right all the time, for example I'll be driving to the corner shop if it's pouring no matter how badly my moral compass is telling me to walk! But I can promise to try my best, do what I can and give you hints and tips on how to follow in my footsteps.

I always love reading those '10 Facts About Me' things on other peoples' blogs so to give you all a little more information about me I'll give you my 10 Facts. :)

1. I've discovered no matter how good it is for me, I will never like Green Tea. I'm sorry, but it just can't be done.

2. I come from a very small family and I love them all to bits, even when I hate them! (Which happens quite frequently - we're all rather strong-willed!)

3. My writing style is a lot like my thinking style. Get used to things in brackets for when I add little sidenotes in my head and long rambley sentences with dashes in when I'm not ready to finish a sentence yet.

4. I like turtles. Not like in that youtube video of the kid saying it, but in a genuine way that drives Tom crazy. Mostly because I constantly ask if we can have one! :p

5. I'm also a little obsessed with Hummingbirds. Ever since I went to Costa Rica (cue Tom rolling his eyes at the mention of my trip) and one flew right up to me, hovered a few seconds and disappeared, I have been fascinated. To the point that the logo for my therapy business is a hummingbird. :)

6. I use smileys far too much. I feel they convey my feelings so easily I can't help adding a :) to the end of sentences and sometimes I even have to go back and edit them out because there are just too many. Although you'll never see me posting ':) :) :)' because that's just excessive. ;)

7. I love travelling and I wish my budget would allow me to do it more. One of the things I'll be hoping to find out more about is travelling for next to nothing. I know it can be done, I just need to find out how!

8. I am a bit of a spelling/grammar nerd. Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors really bug me. I don't claim to be perfect, but I always strive towards it and others making obvious or even deliberate mistakes is a pet peeve of mine. I'm sorry, I can't help it.

9. I love cooking, I can just never be bothered to do it. Mealtimes tend to be quick and easy meals rather than labours of love. I aim to put a stop to this, for example last night I made a chicken and vegetable broth that was delicious and I enjoyed making it too. So there'll also be quite a few recipe ideas on here when I have the time.

10. I'm a very social person. I just love to natter away to anyone about anything. So don't be shy, get in touch if you want to chat about anything I've posted or if you have an article you think I should read etc. :)



A little legal sidenote, as these days you can get sued for just about anything! This blog is only my own trial and error methods, I don't claim to be an expert and this blog will only contain articles I've found interesting and my own opinions. I don't endorse any companies and I don't get paid to suggest items you can buy.

1 comments:

Nicky Marshall said...

Lovely first blog and can't wait to track your progress on the cooking thingy! :)

Post a Comment

Back to Top