5

Products to grab in a beauty crisis!

I'd like to create a little scenario for you. Some of you may have experienced this or maybe just had nightmares about it! You're getting ready for a girls night out - the girls will all be over soon and you're getting ready in a rush. (Some of you may leave plenty of time to get ready, but this is already sounding like me!) You still need to paint your nails, shave your legs, wash your hair... the list is endless!

First things first, you need to do your hair. The weather hasn't been kind lately and it's getting a little frizzy, but you've run out of your favourite de-frizzing product! Don't despair though, just head to the kitchen. Get a tiny bit of olive oil and comb it through the frizz - don't worry about the oil slick effect, because now you're going to wash your hair as normal.

As you hop in the shower, you spot another product is empty - this time it's your shaving cream. Now you're going to be even later while you think of an outfit to cover those hairy legs! OR you get your pennies' worth out of that bottle of conditioner. Use it to soften the hairs on your legs and you can shave without cutting your legs to pieces.

Hair washed and legs smooth, it's time to style your hair and do your make-up. As you look in the mirror you realise your roots are showing and there's no time to do anything about it. Assuming you're a brunette, I have a solution for you! (Sorry blondes..) Rifle through your make-up bag for a matte eye-shadow in a colour as close to your hair as possible. Apply the shadow to your roots with a finger and the contrast will be less obvious.

To make matters worse, your skin is looking dry and you've got spots glaring back at you. Instead of bursting into tears and telling the girls you're not going, it's time to put on a mask. I don't mean force a smile -you're heading to the kitchen once more, this time to pull out a pack of lemon flavoured jelly cubes. (I'm not crazy, trust me on this one..) Dissolve the cubes over a warm heat and once it's melted let it cool and apply it to your face like a normal face mask. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then wash it off and reach for a tub of Sudocrem. (seriously, I'm not crazy!) The formula that makes it good at healing nappy rash conveniently makes it a good anti-blemish cream too! Moisturise your skin lightly with it and it'll fight the spots for you while you move on to more important things.

Time to paint your nails, only you're out of nail varnish remover and the stuff you've got on looks awful. (I did warn you this was a nightmare scenario!) This time you're heading to the medicine cabinet for that bottle of insect repellent that was useless on holiday last year. Now you've got a use for it! Paint a layer of clear nail varnish over your nails, followed by a coat of the insect repellent. Now give it a good rub and the nail varnish should come off no problem, leaving you free to paint them again. :)

To finish things off you've spotted one final nightmare - you're out of blusher. Reach for any pinky shade of lipstick and use your finger to blend a teeny bit over the apple of your cheek.

The last thing you need to do is take a deep breath and pour yourself a glass of wine just as the girls arrive! What could have become a disastrous evening has instead turned into a learning experience of all the wonderful and unexpected beauty products hiding in your house!

You may not keep these products in your house, but my advice is to get in at least a few of the more obvious ones! Jelly is always a good snack, so that should come as standard! And Sudocrem really has so many uses I'm going to pop out and get some myself - it's even good to put on new tattoos, not that I have any!

Do you know any other unconventional products that serve beauty purposes? Or will you be trying any of these out? Let me know in a comment. :)

5 comments:

loopdeloop said...

good tips and I will be using some of them ,including the Jelly one.
Maria

Anonymous said...

we need a pic of that Maria lol

Annie said...

Haha, I loved this post, I actually found myself getting stressed out and panicking for this imaginary lady. Great tips chick :) xx

Ami Marshall said...

Thanks Annie! As I was writing it I was thinking "I'd have given up and cancelled the night well before I got this far in.. this imaginary person is determined!" :p xx

Ami Marshall said...

Let me know how it works out! I haven't had a chance to try it yet so would be good to know if it works or not. :)

Post a Comment

Back to Top