0

Water Savings

We got our first water bill this week so it was finally a chance to see if our water saving efforts were doing any good and I must say I was pleasantly surprised!

When calling to set up our account I answered a quick survey and they deemed us as "Low Consumption" and said it would be £30/month. To be on the safe side we started paying the "Medium Consumption" tariff which was £36/month. So I was rather happy when our first bill came back to say we were actually £50 in credit! Not only were we below the Medium Consumption amount, but we were also below the Low Consumption rate by £10/month! Our monthly use averaged out to about £20/month, which makes me a very happy bunny indeed.

We've now lowered our payments to £25/month and my aim is to be using even less than £20/month for the next bill which arrives in 6 months. Not by going without or anything silly, just by being smarter with the way we use our water. I've already started turning the shower off while I wash my hair, turning it back on each time to rinse, now I just have to get creative elsewhere around the house. :) (Like maybe showering at someone elses' house? :p)


What ways do you save water around the house? Are there any unusual methods you think I could try?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top