0

Green Living: Update 2

Some of you may remember my post from ages ago about Green Living. I did an update a little while ago with how I was getting on, but I haven't revisited it since moving into the new flat so I thought now might be the time! So let's have a look at the habits I promised to try...

5. Banish stand-by.
I'm doing much better than I was with this one. I can now safely say there are only 4 items in our flat that are on full-time; the fridge, the freezer, the internet (if you switch it off it doesn't work for a few hours when it comes back on) and the Virgin box (to record programmes). Everything goes off once it's not in use. :)


16. Carry a reusable bag.As with #5, I'm slowly improving with this one. I don't remember every time, so won't take it off the list yet, but I certainly remember more than I used to! Making a meal plan really helps because it makes me think about what we need before we leave home.


27. Head for the local library. Once again I have to admit to not visiting a library, but I have still been borrowing books from friends. I've been on quite a reading spree lately and of all the books I read only 3 were bought. I think I'll just have to give up on this one as I haven't made any progress with it since March and I'm unlikely to.


Now on to my newer resolutions...

3. Start refilling, not replacing.  I definitely need to look into this a little more as I'm not sure what items we have are refillable. I stupidly forgot this and bought more basil the other day which I could've bought as a bag.. but apart from that I don't think there's much in the cupboards we can refill.


8. Clear out old stuff. I think I've reached my limit of old stuff to throw out now. Tens of bags have gone to the charity shop, a box of shoes is going to Car Boot whenever we get a chance and anything else useful went to family/friends. I've even got an email from GiftAid saying they've raised £11 so far with the stuff I donated. :)


So that's 3 resolutions I need to replace; 2 completed and 1 very sadly being given up. Annoyingly I can't get onto the article with all the resolutions I found, either the website is down or they've removed the article. So I will do some hunting and find some new resolutions ready for my next blog post. :)

Have you tried to introduce any Green Habits lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top