0

Challenges of Working From Home

Hello!

This is just gonna be a quick post to apologise for how quiet I've gone at the moment! Over the weekend we had two birthdays to celebrate with friends, then Christopher was ill on the bank holiday so there was little time left for blogging!

It might be a day or two longer until I get back on it - being the end of the month I have quite a few things to tie up in my business (invoicing, reporting, the usual admin-y minutiae!) and the guaranteed money has to trump the hopefully-one-day money right now.

Working from home while extremely convenient when you've just moved to a new country, also comes with its downsides. For example when you're living with other people and their days off don't coincide with yours... Chris was still meant to be working yesterday (he has to book bank holidays as actual holiday so we weren't gonna bother) but in the end he was home ill, along with the other people we live with who had the day off. It made for a fun, sociable day, but wasn't very conducive to the day of blog writing I had planned!

It's also difficult to stay focused when you have your home comforts around you. Why not just watch a quick episode of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix over lunch? Or get some tidying done to save time later? Personal admin can seem incredibly urgent when your work deadlines are far away too. I'm getting better at managing these things, but on a day when you're tired or feeling under the weather it's so easy to convince yourself to take a break!

Today I managed to get a good 4 hours of work done so I was very pleased with myself. Now if only I can repeat that tomorrow I should be back in blog writing mode by Thursday. All in time for a trip back to Bristol this weekend for Rachel's birthday and the Chilli Festival! :) You will definitely be getting a post all about that!

So until then my friend, have a wonderful week and don't get into too much mischief!

Love,
Ami
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top