0

1 Monthiversary In Belfast!

Hey friend!

The manic working of the last few days has died down and I can finally get back to the blog so of course I have writer's block! I have a list of about 15 or so blog ideas in my planner and not one of them is calling to me to be written today, typical! Although as we've just ticked over to September that means I've officially been living here a month, so perhaps a blog to celebrate that and also reflect on what's been going on over here is in order. :)

I guess the most obvious place to start is our living situation. We're still living with family friends while a lot of complicated back and forth goes on with the house, but we should have news by the end of the week there. Hopefully we're not being too disruptive, I'm doing my best to tidy around each day and minimise the chaos I usually cause working from home! While we're here we're just focusing on saving as much money as possible to get a nice buffer behind us and also doing as much as we can to be ready when we do move.

I'm still on a bit of a decluttering spree. Not on such a big scale, but being surrounded by our things certainly makes you realise how much of it you don't really use that often. Having cycled through mostly the same clothes for 2-3 weeks while my case was in storage I have a much better idea of what I do and don't wear. There's some stuff I really missed having, or clothes for special occasions that need to be kept, but some of my summer wardrobe didn't even make it out once this season and they'll be going to charity very soon!

Health wise things are slowly improving - I'm coming to the end of my steroids soon (just 3 weeks to go!) and their side effects are slowly wearing off. I have gained a bit of weight since starting them and my sleep has been quite disrupted, but both of those are getting more under control as the dose reduces. :) I'm generally in less pain and starting to get my energy back too, so yay!

As for living in Belfast, I'm loving it! We haven't had a chance to explore as much as I'd like yet, weekends always seem to get eaten up with errands or we're so tired we just want a chill day. But we have done a few walks in Hazelbank Park and visited Carrickfergus Castle which was cool. :) I'm getting on well with all of Chris's friends too so we spend evenings with them pretty frequently playing games. Yesterday was the first time I had a touch of homesickness really and it was more to do with not being able to pop round to see people than anything. Communication hasn't really changed since I got here - I still get to spam everyone daily on Facebook, haha!

Riggle is settling in well too. She loves her new cage, especially with all the different ladders and platforms for her to climb all over. She still spends all her time climbing onto the roof of her cage then back down again, I'm not really sure what she's hoping to achieve but it's fun to watch! I'm working on another Chronicles of Riggle post but she's tricky to get non-blurry pictures of...

We're off to Bristol for the weekend and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. Mum is away on holiday which sucks, but I'll be catching up with friends and most of the fam while I'm back. I'm excited to show Chris a little more of Bristol too, since I wasn't well enough to do much other than pack when he last came over. We'll be enjoying the Chilli Festival, going to one of my favourite restaurants and maybe some other bits and pieces too if there's time. :)

Then once we're back there'll definitely be more exploring to get done! We'll (hopefully) have an idea of when we'll be moving, plus Kassi will be visiting in a few weeks as a birthday treat so there'll be adventures there too. I had very few doubts before I moved over here (I currently can't think of any but there must have been some), but now I definitely have no regrets. I'm super happy here and once I can really indulge my homemaking side it can only get better!

So here's to Month Two in Belfast. I can't wait to see what it brings!

What did you get up to in August? Let me know in the comments!

Love,
Ami
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top