2

Eco-Friendly Hair Care

Hello! I've managed to get on the internet from work and wanted to squeeze in a sneaky blog post while I had the chance!

Earlier I saw an article about a shampoo bar by Lush explaining it's eco-credentials and it's had me thinking all day about the hair care products I use. I've heard of shampoo bars before but it's never been something I thought of using. Having read this article I'm seriously considering investing in some to see what it's like. I especially like the look of their Reincarnate Shampoo as it might revive the colour in my hair. :)



Up until now it only occurred to me to save water during a shower, but this has brought a whole new aspect in for me. I love that you just get a re-usable tin to store the shampoo, saving on hundreds of plastic bottles over the years! Plus they've come up with a solid conditioner bar too, so the entire hair care process becomes plastic free.

I love that it's called The Smell of Weather Turning!


This has even lead me on to discover solid perfumes! So I'm guessing there are a whole host of products out there that I could be switching to and saving on packaging. As a result, this blog is now my pledge to replace any products I can with a solid counterpart as and when I run out. I still stand by my original aim: to become more eco-friendly without sacrificing the quality of my lifestyle, so if they really suck I'll be switching straight back! But if they do as good as/better than my current products there's no reason not to go Green!

Have you tried Solid Shampoos/other products before? Does anyone want to join me with this experiment? Let me know what you think. :)

2 comments:

Karen Hensman said...

Yep I'm a solid perfume fan, "smell of freedom" is divine. Their shampoo bars are quite good too although the jungle conditioner takes a bit of practice to get right.

These solid products are also great for if you are travelling with Ryanair for a weekend away and want to take hand luggage only - the terrorist restrictions only apply to liquids!!!

Enjoy!

Ami Marshall said...

Thanks Karen. :) I've been reading their guides online for how to use them properly and I'm hoping it'll work easily!

The travel benefits certainly help too - I'm feeling the need for some sunshine so these will be perfect for that!

Post a Comment

Back to Top