0

"One Of Those Days" Becomes A Food Challenge!

The last week hasn't been the best for me. I've had a few productive bursts of activity, but for the most part I've not been up to much more than playing Facebook games. The kind I hate, but find myself unable to stop playing. I've been suffering from pretty bad headaches and really tired. I think I've just reached a stage in my recovery where I need to start doing more, but I'm stuck in a chicken and egg scenario - I've not got anything to do I've been out of action so long!

I start extra work with Discover Your Bounce next month which will help - 3 days a week of getting up and going to work rather than 'working' from the sofa in my pjs. But that doesn't help me this week, where I've got a few small tasks to get done but at my own pace and without a deadline.

freezer defrosting open door
Today has been the peak of the problem, but has also unwittingly offered me a solution. I've been out of action most of the day with another headache - this one worse than usual. Just reading, chilling, trying not to make it worse. So it wasn't until I was making dinner and went to put something in the freezer that I realised it was unplugged... and most of the contents were either defrosted or halfway there. Oops! Pretty much everything had to go in the bin, since we can't work out when it must have been unplugged and what state of defrost the items were in.

Here's the kicker - most of the food was on the meal plan for this week, meaning all of our planned meals have to be scrapped and we're still 5 days from our normal shopping day. Bummer, huh?

After being royally p***ed off for a bit, I decided to set myself a little food challenge for the week. I'm not going to go shopping until our next regular shop. All meals will be made from what we have to hand at home (luckily we had a little excess meat in the fridge still waiting to be frozen). The only exception to this will be picking up some fresh veg to accompany meals as we're running low.

I'm also going for a second challenge - to restock the freezer with healthy meal components to reduce the number of takeaways we have (we've been getting lazy lately). This'll be a combination of chopped veg to throw into soups, curries & chillies, some pre-cooked shredded chicken and batch meals of some of our favourite things. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, so this was a bittersweet kick in the bum for me to get on and do it.

I'll update you to my progress soon, perhaps with some recipes too as I've found some new ones to try! :)

Do you set yourself food challenges? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top