0

Dress Shopping and Pin It Buttons

Happy Sunday lovely readers!

This week has been full of ups and downs with the diet - those of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook will have spotted my new obsession with Banana Smoothies! But I was also bad and had more chocolate than I'd like to admit to.. Must try harder next week!

I finally got a date through for my scan - 19th Feb - so I'll find out what the endo has been up to in the last year. Fingers crossed for no difference, but I don't think I'll be that lucky this time.

The highlight of this week was Wednesday, when I went dress shopping for our engagement party with my nan. I'm not a standard size so inevitably a top that fits my chest will be too big for my stomach and vice versa. Plus I'm short, so dresses don't fall where they're supposed to. I usually try to avoid shopping, but we went in with determination to find something that would fit!

broad street bath sign
We planned to go to Milsom Street in Bath as they have some little boutique stores, but we ended up on Broad Street first and found a lovely little shop. The owner was fabulous and very friendly - passing me all kinds of dresses to try on as we went through the sale racks. She even let me borrow a pair of heels and some jewellery to see what the 'completed look' would be for each outfit!

I tried on 4 dresses in total, all of which were beautiful. It was a completely new experience for me to try on dresses and love every single one! I was wearing my sister's corset on underneath to smooth the lumps and bumps, but that was my only cheat.

In the end though there was a clear winner. The ladies in the shop were raving about it and my nan was giving it the big thumbs up, so it had to come home with us. For the first time ever, we not only found a dress that fitted with minimal fuss, we did it in the first shop we went to! (I know you're not supposed to buy the first one you find, but when you see it you'll know it was the right call!)

I'm keeping the dress under wraps for now - I've been asked for a sneak peek by so many people already! Now my task is to find accessories to match and I have 12 days left to do so. :)

pin it pinterest button
Another achievement this week was adding Pin It buttons to the blog so you can share it on Pinterest now - a small but happy win! So if you like what you read go ahead and Pin away!

What was your highlight of the week or achievement you're proud of? Sometimes endo can leave us focusing on the negative, it's nice to take a look back and give ourselves high fives for the little things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top