0

BBQ Pulled Pork & Crazy Hormones

BBQ Pulled Pork has been a little obsession of ours lately. Thanks to a friend who was able to get us a lot of pork shoulder for pretty cheap, we were able to indulge more than usual over the last month. I've made 3 giant batches now, totaling about 18 portions of absolutely delicious pork, made even better by the homemade BBQ sauce I made to go along with it. Yum!

January was an interesting month - my hormones have been jumping all over the place and it's made me more than a little irritable. In fact I've even experienced full on rage, which was a new one for me. I think it had to do with having my first cycle in 6 months and it's not a feeling I'm looking to repeat...ever!

January also saw the return of another emotion I battle with occasionally: depression. After doing a vision board workshop I realised that I have rather few hobbies that I indulge in anymore thanks to the endo and for a while I did feel quite upset by it. But it's also a pretty exciting opportunity to explore some new hobbies and get back in touch with old ones (such as reading and blogging!).

On the flip side of all that January also brought me a need to declutter - a lot! I'm still in the middle of the process, but I've sold off some of our bookshelves, taken a few bags to charity and even sorted out my underwear drawer and put some to one side for a homeless shelter. I have a strong desire to purge all of the unnecessary stuff that's accumulated in the flat over the last 2.5 years and make room. Call it hormones or energy, but I suddenly feel a little claustrophobic with all the stuff we own. It's actually nice getting rid of some of it!

This has been a bit of a random post, but I guess that's what crazy hormones do - make everything a little random! I've really enjoyed putting together the first few posts about the Endo Diet and its alternative, so look out for those over the new few weeks. :)

How was January for you? Did you make some great progress on new goals or get distracted and forget them (like my healthy eating idea...)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top