0

How To: Turn a Jumper Into a Cat Bed

We have 3 cats, 2 of which are outdoor cats who sleep in the shed. We've had one of those climbing towers since the 2 younger cats were kittens and it's in a precarious state of disrepair these days. It's still their bed in the shed, although they've grown so much that only one can fit on at a time now. Through the summer this wasn't a problem but as the days are getting colder it means one cat is sleeping on the cold shed floor.
Rather than buy a new cat bed that'd cost anywhere from £15-30 for something cosy, I thought I'd turn my hand to upcycling and see what I could create. I'd seen a post on Facebook months ago showing how someone else had turned an old jumper into a bed and since Tom had a pile of jumpers waiting to go to charity I nabbed one!

Here is how I did it in picture form...



Sew up the neck hole


Sew from armpit to armpit then stuff the arms & neck to create the sides of the bed


Tuck the end of one arm into the other then stitch them together


Pad the body of the jumper and trim the excess from the bottom, turn it over and stitch the body to the arms


And you're done! Donate to a furry friend 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top