0

Make Your Own... Chocolate Vodka!

Hello!

As promised here is one of the gift ideas I used this christmas; Chocolate Vodka! Annoyingly I didn't take a picture before giving it away, but to give you an idea of how it'll look here is a picture of someone else's:

Picture taken from www.randomlyhappytoday.blogspot.co.uk
The recipe I used was as follows:

300g Chocolate (I used Galaxy)
100ml Single Cream
700ml Vodka

However it came out really strong and was actually too much for me (it makes just enough for you to have a little too) so I'd recommend using more cream and less vodka. Another recipe I found suggested 300g > 400ml Cream > 600ml Vodka, which would come out much creamier.

Method:

1. Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bowl over a medium heat.
(Note: the chocolate will seem to solidify as you add the cream, don't panic and just keep stirring, it goes liquid again.)
2. Stir in the cream until it's well mixed and smooth.
3. Lower the heat and stir in the vodka, taking care it doesn't boil.
4. Once well mixed, use a funnel to put the vodka in the bottle (either the original one or one you've bought specially).
(Note: pouring the vodka through a seive will get out any remaining lumps but shouldn't be necessary if you've stirred it well enough.)

So there you have it; homemade chocolate vodka that's perfect as a gift or at dinner parties etc. Serve it on the rocks or even stir it into hot chocolate for a delicious treat! Let me know if you give this a go and how it turns out. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top